Lancaster Kayak and Canoe Club - Trips
The LCC offers both flatwater and moving water paddling trips. We hope you'll
take the opportunity to join us! Some of the streams we paddle are the
Susquehanna River, Octararo Creek, Muddy Creek, Brandywine River, Lehigh River,
and Conestoga Creek.
In order to participate in trips, you'll need to complete the LCC Trip Signup Form [PDF]. Please give trip leaders 48 hours notice that you're coming/not coming so that they can plan appropriately. Also note that the minimum number of boats for a trip is 3.
Trip coordinators: you may want to tell everyone how it went via the LCC Trip Report Form [PDF].
This is a preliminary trip schedule for 2022; more trips
will likely be added to it. Each trip lists the trip coordinator.
- April 23: Earth Day Clean-Up, at Windolph Landing
Park 8:30-Noon, contact conestogariverclub.org, and/or Todd
Roy at 717-710-8214, to register. Choices include shore line
trash or waste removal from the water if you use your boat and
register at email@example.com.
- April 22 and 23: Earth Day Actions at Climbers Run Nature Center,
from 1:00-4:00 both days, contact the Lancaster County Conservancy
- April 30: Pequea Creek, Class 1+, Dick Swomley
- May 15: Blue Rock Heritage, Chris Brubaker, museum
tour from 1:00 to 2:00, Blue Rock boat launch, flat water paddle
from 2:30-5:00 PM, park at launch for both, possible group dinner
outdoors in Millersville, short meeting conversation over dinner
in lieu of May 12 regular meeting
- May 28-29: Juniata, Class 2, Dick Swomley, Day 1 Frankstown
Branch, Day 2 Little Juniata, camping at Huntington Fairgrounds,
Lower bike trail adjacent, music and contra dance opportunities c/o Dick
- June 3-11: Lancaster County Water Week, schedule of activities to be published.
- June 11 or 12: Upper Conestoga, Class 1, Section 1,
Brownstown to Paddock Inn, Kerry Stauffer (Conestoga River Section #1)
- June 17-18 or 17-19: Youghiogheny Middle Section, Class 2,
Chris Brubaker, 2 or 3 night camping at Outflow Campground,
put-in at campground, camping site 46 is 3 day, site 48 is 2
day. Each site allows 2 cars and 6 people. Total cost is $87.50
to be shared. (Thanks to Chris's Golden Age pass the bill was
reduced by $37.50 from $125.0)
- NOTE: Paddle Training on the Swatara Creek, Class 1+, Hanover
Street Bridge, Hummelstown, to Fulling Mill Road, Scott Dieter, TBD for June
- Conestoga River Challenge: similar mileage each section, about 8 miles
- Section 1 (Brownstown to Paddock Inn), Kerry Stauffer, June 11 or 12
- Section 2-3 (Paddock Inn to County Park), Kerry Stauffer, TBD
- Section 4 (County Park to Millersville), Dick Swomley, TBD
- Section 5 (Millersville to Safe Harbor), Chris Brubaker and Tom Hoober, TBD
2023 Lehigh River release schedule as of 11/4/2022
- May: 13, 20, 27, 28
- June: 10, 11, 24, 25
- July: 8, 9, 22, 23, 29, 30
- August: 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20, 26*, 27*
- September: 2*, 3*
- * indicates a tentative release