Lancaster Kayak and Canoe Club - Trips
The LCC offers both flatwater and moving water paddling trips. We hope you'll
take the opportunity to join us! Some of the streams we paddle are the
Susquehanna River, Octararo Creek, Muddy Creek, Brandywine River, Lehigh River,
and Conestoga Creek.
In order to participate in trips, you'll need to complete the LCC Trip Signup Form [PDF]. Please give trip leaders 48 hours notice that you're coming/not coming so that they can plan appropriately. Also note that the minimum number of boats for a trip is 3.
Trip coordinators: you may want to tell everyone how it went via the LCC Trip Report Form [PDF].
This is a preliminary trip schedule for 2021; more trips
will likely be added to it. Each trip lists the trip coordinator.
- March 20, Saturday: Upper Muddy: Dick Swomley
- April 17, Saturday: Pequea Creek: Dick Swomley
- April 24: Saturday, Conestoga River from Windolph Landing Park to Rock Hill Dam: Chris Brubaker
- May 1, Saturday: Brandywine River: Chris Brubaker
- May 8, Saturday: Swatara Creek: Scott Deiter/Karen Trump
- May 15, Saturday: Upper Juniata River: Dick Swomley
- May 23, Sunday: Yellow Breeches: Ruth Daniels, or Neil Donley if he wishes
- June 19, Saturday: Tulpehocken Creek: Ruth Daniels
- none yet, possible Lehigh trip starting at Jim Thorpe
- August 14, Saturday: Gunpowder Falls: Ruth Daniels
2021 Lehigh River release schedule as of 1/5/2021
- May: 15, 22, 29, 30
- June: 12, 13, 26, 27
- July: 10, 11, 24, 25, 31
- August: 1, 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, 22, 28*, 29*
- September: 4*, 5*
- October: maybe
- * indicates a tentative release
2021 North Branch of the Potomac release schedule as of 3/4/2021
- April: 17-18
- May: 1-2, 15-16, 29-20